Sometimes more web traffic hurts. What happens when more visitors cause poor Web performance? Are you ready for peak traffic?
When: Thursday, March 11th 2010,1:00 PM EST
A new survey of retail, travel and financial services online consumers found that customers spend a significant percentage of their budgets during peak traffic times, and 67% expect websites to work flawlessly regardless of the number of visitors. Moreover, 72% stated that their expectations were not met during 2009 peak traffic periods, and this is what they did about it:
- 78% went to a competitor’s site due to poor performance at peak traffic times
- 88% were less likely to return to a website
- 47% left with a negative perception of the company
- 42% discussed it either with friends or online
Want to know more about leveraging your existing Gomez platform to protect revenue, brand and customer loyalty during peak traffic periods? Attend a complimentary Gomez webinar to learn about a new style of load testing that:
- Enables you to “take a walk in your customer’s shoes” and find problems before they do
- Identifies and resolves critical web performance issues across the entire web application delivery chain, inside and outside the firewall
- Leverages your existing Gomez monitoring scripts and skills for both load testing and monitoring
- Uncovers geographical response time discrepancies and under-performing locations under load
Colin Mason, Product Manager, Reality Load, Gomez, Inc.
Colin is Product Manager for the Reality Load performance testing solution at Gomez. Colin has 10 years of performance testing experience and has conducted over 500 load tests for 100 companies. He has presented at numerous industry conferences, including STAR, and has authored industry-acclaimed papers on performance testing web applications.