In this webinar from SeeWhy you will learn 10 essential holiday conversion tactics and tips to increase website conversion.
1. analyze your data – focus on conversion funnels, conversion paths, best converting sources of traffic, worst converting sources of traffic
2. check how you appear on comparison sites – comparison sites account for up to 20% of traffic
3. onsite voucher pages – we were talking about discount codes in checkout process and how to deal with them, this webinar has touched this issue also, by showing very good example from macys.com. What Macys does is very clever. They created an onsite voucher page, so when a visitor gets to the checkout, instead of typing into a search engine “macys discount code”, Macys offers a link to discount codes on their own page, which opens as a pop up window. Needless to say, this idea brings to Macys 40% conversion rate alone from this page.
4. vouchers and social media – use social media like facebook, myspace, twitter, etc. to promote your offers.
5. don’t let them get cold feet – shipping and return policies, testimonials in the checkout etc.
6. encourage to register – you need email addresses to be able to re-market to abandoners
7. follow up abandoners – remarketing to abandoners yields up to 50% conversion of those who abandoned
8. do it quickly – the response time drops rapidly if the first few hours after the event. Multi-stage follow up converts more. Two or more follow ups work the best.
9. take with promotional offers – be unpredictable. Use analytics to target promotions only to those who that require offer to convert.
10. offer alternate channels – there are 101 reasons why people don’t purchase from you. Alternate channels like email, phone, in store are essential to maximize your overall conversion.