In these 2 very short video interviews with Brian Eisenberg, co author of the book “Always Be Testing”, you will learn how to improve a product page for higher conversion. In this session Brian is talking about landsend.com website, which also happens to be a very well converting website.
Video 1 Key Takeaways:
- Add to cart button should be above the fold
- Find optimum placement for product recommendations without jeopardising your “ready to buy” area
Video 2 Key Takeaways:
- Product page titles – provide two titles. One more generic for search engines and one benefit orientated for consumers
- product images – bigger images are better, with details. Check ortery.com which is selling the world’s first office photography machine. Put it next to the copier so employees can take their own professional photos for any application. Also generates 360-degree product shots and spherical flash files. Needless to say, this device isn’t cheap, costing several thousand dollars, but worthwhile as it allows you to take your own 360 degree product pictures for your store.
- very helpful for conversion increase on product pages are multiple images and also videos
- usually the image is best located on the left hand side
- short description next to the product picture in the ready to buy area and the full description in the tabs
- the proof – or why should I buy this product – customers reviews, quality (awards, celebrities, testimonials), information like shipping, guarantees, in stock