Looking for a way to increase your email revenue? In this case study you will learn, how we increased revenue on 3 different websites (3 different email lists) by 94.42% for a client using one proven tactic.
The test is very easy test to set up, as the change alone doesn’t require use of a copywriter, rewriting of your email, nor even creating a new email campaign. That’s how easy it is.
The hardest part for some will probably be correct url tagging in order to track revenue in Google Analytics, as you would like to test and track the impact this change has on your business. However if you need help with that, you can contact me.
What we tested
We tested recommended best practice when sending email campaigns. Best practice says to use the name of a site in the ‘from’ field. In our case, our client didn’t use this best practice, but instead used the name of a customer support person followed by the job position in his weekly email campaigns.
Site Name No Site Name
All test variations performed during these 7 tests generated more visits. In one case, the test combination performed worse, generating by $189 less revenue, but overall on that site we still increased the revenue by 94.42%, when calculating all the combined test results.
Combined test results: revenue was increased by 94.42% and visits to the site by 94.63%.
NOTE: there are still plenty of websites I receive emails from, which instead of putting a site name into the ‘from’ field, use a persons name or a customer supports name, as in our clients case. As you could see from our 7 tests, there is a possibility of you loosing a lot of money without even not realizing it.
If you are looking for a web analyst or analytics manager visit www.dashboardinspector.com and find out how much you can save by using both of our services (conversion optimization and web marketing analysis.)
What’s next: we will reveal a checkout, which increased conversion rate by 13.9%.